Following the disappointment of the Wolstenholme and Student Union proposals, me and Reuben were put in touch with Nic Corke from the Corke Gallery in Aigburth.
During the meeting, we presented a selection of our works to him and he seemed very enthusiastic about exhibiting our images. We then cemented a 10 day exhibition, with the opening night on Tuesday 22nd March, then ending on the 2nd April. I then was able to set myself a deadline for everything to be ready for- 19th March. If only it could have been this easy from the start!
The space itself is the front room of the building with a shop window looking out onto the main Aigburth road, which will enable passers by to look in and see our work as they walk by. The white walls are ideal to house both mine and Reuben’s work, however I’m not sure how relevant the presentation of fruit is in regards to my project (following the feedback from the assessment, I‘m not sure if I will be using it now anyway!). I’ve now got about a month to develop and frame my work before the big opening.
During the meeting, we presented a selection of our works to him and he seemed very enthusiastic about exhibiting our images. We then cemented a 10 day exhibition, with the opening night on Tuesday 22nd March, then ending on the 2nd April. I then was able to set myself a deadline for everything to be ready for- 19th March. If only it could have been this easy from the start!
The space itself is the front room of the building with a shop window looking out onto the main Aigburth road, which will enable passers by to look in and see our work as they walk by. The white walls are ideal to house both mine and Reuben’s work, however I’m not sure how relevant the presentation of fruit is in regards to my project (following the feedback from the assessment, I‘m not sure if I will be using it now anyway!). I’ve now got about a month to develop and frame my work before the big opening.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment