Friday, 25 March 2011

roots opening.

The exhibition private view on Tuesday night was a great success, with a good turn out of around 50+ people taking full advantage of the complimentary booze. All of our work was greeted with a great reception, with each of us receiving many compliments within our discussions with the guests.
Reuben’s £2 envelopes sold like hotcakes and were kept on display until 7.30pm, where they were then given out to their new owners, who proceeded to open them up and read their fortune. This created a great atmosphere which was filled with everyone swapping their given ’wisdom’ and enjoying their sweets.

Following a discussion about my work where I spoke about the processes and techniques I went through to create my images, I was offered a possible job teaching Photoshop to an A level class which I was very flattered by and immediately wrote my contact details down for her to take away.

This was all discussed in my assessment on Thursday, where the only suggestion was that I could have altered the prices of my work to create more of a variation between the pieces on the wall and the loose prints on the table. However, the prices were discussed with Nic, the gallery owner, before hand and he seemed to think the prices I had set were right.   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment