Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Portraits of the City landscape

The work that I will be displaying for the exhibition are a series of the compositions I have been working on since the start of the project.

To display on the wall, I will have a series of 7 ‘portraits’ that tell a narrative of the diversity within the Liverpool city landscape. The first features a neat box containing an intense collection of images conveying the modern, clean-cut architecture that Liverpool is so proud of. Then a gradual decline along the compositions sees the discomposure of the cityscape, until the final image reveals a more organic shape, featuring the corners of the city that have been affected by urban decay and the footprint of time.
It is important that these works contain a high level of aesthetics because they have not been created as a protest against the deterioration of areas of Liverpool, but as a tribute to the diversity within the modern, manufactured landscape.



Along with this narrative, I will have a folder to display the other compositions that have made up the basis of my experimentation and research. All my images will be for sale, each with a total of 5 limited edition prints available. 


No comments:

Post a Comment