This semester I will be concentrating on exhibiting my work in a public arena. My desired host for this is the Wolstenholme Creative Space, Liverpool. I specifically would like to exhibit in this space because, as well as being a widely known space throughout the Liverpool art scene, I find the building hugely interesting and the derelict persona it incorporates ties in nicely with my theme of ‘Urban Decay’. My intentions for presenting my work are that I would create neat wall hangings of my images, possibly adding objects relating to the photographs, to which it would then turn into an installation. I have been to exhibitions there before (The ‘Album’ Exhibition, October 2010), where photography has been hung in a ‘neat’ way, and I found it gave a positive contrast to the broken and cracked walls behind it. This contrast would enhance the idea of decay (transforming from new to old), and also compliment the subject of the work.
I am now part of a group of 7 2nd year student who are enthusiastic about organising an exhibition there. We have met up today to compile an email to Wolstenholme which proposes our intentions for the show. We have each also produced a short statement about our own work, informing them of our own individual intentions for the exhibition. This will be sent off tonight.
I am now part of a group of 7 2nd year student who are enthusiastic about organising an exhibition there. We have met up today to compile an email to Wolstenholme which proposes our intentions for the show. We have each also produced a short statement about our own work, informing them of our own individual intentions for the exhibition. This will be sent off tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment